We’re so excited! YNPN Des Moines is hosting our first mini conference and after party on Jan. 8, 2015 to celebrate our second programming year.
We’ll be exploring topics in nonprofit management through the lens of art, a theme that was inspired by our hosts, the Des Moines Social Club, and a desire to have a Powerpoint-free conference. NON-CON attendees will creatively address challenges in the nonprofit sector and enjoy a space to meet and learn from potential collaborators.
Who’s it for? The event is open to professionals of all ages and experience levels. Whether you currently work at a charitable organization or have goals to be a change-maker in our community, you will come away excited and energized to fulfill your mission. It’s FREE for YNPN Des Moines members or $45 for the general public.
Get tickets on Eventbrite: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/ynpn-des-moines-non-con-tickets-14333978315
The best thing about planning this is working with a team of our up-and coming leadership, and pulling in amazing artists and nonprofit pros to facilitate.
Nick Renkoski, marketer/actor and a man of many talents, will facilitate an unconventional kick-off session. Easter Seals Iowa President & CEO Sherri Nielsen, will provide extra wisdom as we take on “difficult conversations in nonprofits.”
After our opening session, attendees can choose two breakouts from the lineup:
- Laura Palmer of XO-LP will bring her nonprofit pro background and super illustrator skills together as part of a team going inside the mind of fundraising. Angie Dethlefs-Trettin from the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines andMatt McGarvey from Telligen Community Initiative are some of the most approachable grantmakers you’ll ever meet, and they’ve agreed to put their brains on loan for the afternoon.
- Emily Boyd, a nonprofit pro (Community Housing Initiatives) by day and yoga instructor by early morning/evening will drop some burnout prevention tactics.
- Educators/Power poets Kristopher Rollins and Emily Lang of RUN DSM will be there with all of their characteristic energetic reciprocity for a session on poetry and mission. (First session only)
- Danny Heggen, our fearless co-chair and musician-by-night will share his ideas on setting the sound at your fundraising event and how to communicate with bands and musical artists when you’re on a budget. (Second session only)
- Back by popular demand, designer Ariane Criger, who facilitated our Design 101 workshop, will present on graphic design principles and the creative process for non-designers.
After the mini-conference ends at 4 p.m. we’ll have an after-party in the Social Club’s Basement Bar from 5-7 p.m. Between sessions, you can hop over to Architectural Salvage for a super informal affinity-based discussion opportunity. We’d love for you to be at the NON-CON, but if you’re stuck at work and can just swing by for the after party, we’re excited to see you!
Huge thanks to the amazing sponsors come forward to make this day possible and We’re splitting our sponsor dollars with the Social Club, who are so graciously hosting us.
Please join us Jan. 8!