YNPN Des Moines members and Drake students from across disciplines are invited to a networking event and panel discussion. Panelists will share their stories of joining the nonprofit sector and offer advice on not only landing a nonprofit career, but thriving in one. Attendees will have the opportunity to network one-on-one with local nonprofit professionals and students and ask questions during a panel session.
YNPN members hold positions in a variety of organizations across the metro, in roles that range from direct work with at-risk youth to accounting and marketing. Light refreshments will be provided by the Drake Service Learning Office. Maybe you’ll find your next rockstar intern, volunteer or a potential hire!
The event will take place from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 9 at the Cowles Library Reading Room on the Drake Campus. The first half of the evening will be one-on-one networking and during the second half, we’ll talk with the panel.
- Libby Crimmings, ONE- Regional Field Director for Midwest
- Chantelle Mathany, Development & Communications Coordinator at Alzheimer’s Association
- Chad Driscoll, Program Officer at Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service (which is hiring Iowa AmeriCorps VISTAs for 2013)
- Allyse Vander Plaats, Youth Development Specialist at Children and Families of Iowa
- John Mark Feilmeyer, Executive Director at Iowa Arts in Education
- Jack Reed, Development Director at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa
Dress code: Business casual is great, but jeans are also just fine! Wear what you’d wear to work.